If you have several missing teeth, getting a denture implant is your best option as it is a modern hi-tech tooth replacement method that can mimic the teeth structures and thereby can act as a perfect replacement of your missing teeth. A denture implant can help you get rid of wearing uncomfortable dentures and improve the appearance of your face. Missing teeth, if not replaced with dentures can gradually lead to the sagging of the jaw line due to deterioration of bone mass. The denture implant technology is one of the top innovations in dentistry and is highly preferred to the older tooth replacement methods as is a permanent solution and can last a lifetime. Denture implant is kind of a post made of titanium that is placed in the jaw to act as a replacement for tooth root. The post is then topped with dental crowns shaped like a tooth or bridges or dentures to form a fully functional and permanent replacement of natural teeth.
Advantages of Denture Implants:
- The dental implant supported teeth have almost the full chewing power of natural teeth. So that way you can feel comfortable with it. In case of removable dentures, there is a possibility of it frequently shifting from its position while chewing and sometimes even lead to gum pains. In case of implants, you do not have to worry about all these problems.
- Unlike dental bridges, adjacent teeth remain intact and are not ground down to fit a cap for support. Thus, you do not have to worry about weakening of adjacent healthy teeth. The denture implants keep the adjacent teeth perfectly stable and prevent issues like toothache and TMJ.
- Dental implant prevents bone loss that would normally occur underneath a missing tooth. By preventing bone loss, the stability of all the adjacent natural teeth is maintained and unharmed. Also, the size and shape of your jaw line is not damaged. Thus, premature aging and facial sagging can be prevented
- Denture implants are meant to last a lifetime. Unlike dental bridges and crowns, the roots of denture implant fixture are made from titanium which integrates easily with the jawbone as it is biocompatible and non-toxic which is accepted by the body.
- As it is permanent, you save a lot of money that you would have spent for replacement after every 5-8 years in case of dental bridges.
- Denture implants can give you back your usual beautiful smile and help you feel better about yourself and thereby increase your self-esteem.
- In case of poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing your words to mumble or slur. That leads to inaudible speech sometimes. In case of denture implants, you are able to speak without the worry of teeth slipping away. Thus, your speech is improved.
- Unlike removable dentures, there is no need of using any messy adhesives to keep the implants in place. So, the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures is eliminated.
- Gives the look and feel of natural teeth as there is no risk of dislodging or moving. Also, it easily incorporates into the oral hygiene routine.
- It prevents the further deterioration of the jaw bone and also enhances oral health by reducing the possibilities of cavities and any other infections.
With so many advantages, it is clear that denture implant is the best option. But you may want to check whether your gums are capable of the implant before rushing into the implant process. If your gums are weak, you may have to stick to removable dentures. Also, proper care is to be taken to avoid post-surgical complications like excessive bleeding, nerve trauma and rejections. Above all, these implants cost a lot more than the removable dentures. However, considering the additional maintenance costs of removable dentures, implants are profitable.