Regardless of your physical health or age, regular and comprehensive eye exams are crucial for detecting eye problems. Identifying issues at early stages maximizes the effectiveness of treatment. During an eye exam, the eye doctor can determine the prescription for contact lenses or eyeglasses along with checking your eyes for different eye diseases. Eye doctors evaluate how well your eyes are able to work together and assess the eyes as a sign of overall health.
Getting your eyes examined is an essential component of proper health maintenance.
- Adults need to ensure their eyes are tested to maintain their prescriptions and check for early indicators of eye disease.
- Eye exams are important for children because they play a vital role in normal learning and development. The learning process is closely linked to vision. When children find it difficult to see or interpret what they are seeing, they are likely to face challenges with their schoolwork.
- Children may not complain about vision problems because they are unaware of what normal vision should be. If your child exhibits learning or reading problems or is not performing well in school, consider scheduling an eye exam to rule out visual causes,
Checking for Eye Problems
- Along with assessing whether you have astigmatism, farsightedness or nearsightedness, an eye doctor can check the eyes for eye problems that may lead to vision loss. Find a San Diego Eye Doctor here.
- Many eye diseases have no clear symptoms during the early stages. Eye doctors check both the internal and external heath of your eyes for early signs of problems. In many cases, timely detection and treatment can significantly reduce the risk for permanent loss of vision.
- By looking at your eye’s retina, blood vessels and other factors, an eye doctor will be able to detect the early signs of systemic diseases and conditions. They can inform you of problems such as high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
General eye tests or vision screenings are aimed at helping people who have a risk for vision issues. Screenings consist of vision tests that can indicate whether you require an eye exam. Since vision screenings may not always reveal problem, comprehensive eye exams are important.
Comprehensive Eye Care
- Comprehensive eye examinations are carried out by eye doctors and involve carefully testing all vision aspects. Based on the outcome of the exam, a doctor will be able to recommend a treatment solution according to your individual needs.
- An eye doctor is the only professional that is qualified to perform a comprehensive eye exam to ensure that any vision problems are detected and effectively treated.
- Treatment plans may include a recommendation to have your eyes examined within a specific period of time, medical treatment for disease, surgery, contact lenses or eyeglasses.
Regular eye exams are necessary for making your vision clearer, making learning easier and protecting your vision throughout your life. Avoid skipping eye doctor visits when you think your vision is fine. Eye exams are not restricted to people who have poor vision. They are crucial for finding eye problems even before the symptoms actually show up.