Feet are an important part of the body as they carry all your weight. By taking care of them, you will be able to provide your body with more support. It is important that while you walk, your feet do not feel any pain and neither do you strain them to walk under harsh weather conditions. Feet are complex and it can also be difficult to find the right orthotics for you. You might also decide to get orthotics to treat a condition that cannot be treated by use of medication.
There are many bones in the feet. All these bones need proper support so as to function well. Also, any problem that arises in the feet can affect the joints or the back. Problems can also lead to foot deformity or pain in other parts of the body. Too much pressure on the body such as that from exercise causes the feet to act as shock absorbers. Having this in mind, there are a few reasons why orthotics are a great idea, the most important reason being that they provide extra support to the feet. Some other reasons include:
- Help get rid of foot pain – If you have undergone thorough assessment by your doctor and he or she recommends that you should use orthotics, it will help get rid of foot pain. Most people go to visit the doctor when they have a strong sharp pain at the center of their foot. This pain seems to increase when they are walking. Orthotics are recommended to get rid of the pain and to provide support.
- To help with a fallen arch – They will not necessarily help with a fallen arch but orthotics help reposition structures in the foot so as to reduce injury. They can also help in improving the biomechanical function and this also helps in reducing injury.
- They will help you if your job requires you to stand for long periods of time –If your job requires you to stand for long periods of time, you will need extra support to the muscles on your feet. If you stand for long periods of time, you cannot rely on them alone. You need to walk around and to give yourself a break once in a while.
- Helps people with diabetes – If you have diabetes, you have an increased risk of calluses and corns. This is especially if your foot alignment is altered. The calluses and corns, if left untreated, can lead to injury. Orthotics help reduce the pressure they exert on your foot.
- Helps athletes prevent injury –Athletes are known to push themselves and mostly their legs hard so as to win in races. Orthotics can be worn by athletes during training and after training to provide support to the feet. Remember that you do not need to have a sharp pain in your feet for you to get orthotics. If you are an athlete, you need the extra support.