Your scalp is the soil on where hair grows. In reality, often this vital ground is completely ignored, yet you want healthy and strong hair!
Have you seen any engineer who wants to build skyscrapers didn’t pay attention to the soil support? Why; because even foundations need a solid foundation.
So it makes sense to pay attention to the scalp (the foundation) at first. If you fail to protect your scalp’s natural mechanism, I bet your dream to get a healthy hair will remain a dream! Consequently, the vitality of our bodies diminishes as we ages and our hair follicles are no different than that. And the telltale sign would be hair loss or pattern baldness or your hair becomes dull and brittle.
The scalp skin is more delicate and has a higher number of different glands and hair follicles, thus it demanded to get more care than our other part of the body’s skin. So it’s crucial to keep it clean-up, free of toxic product build-up, nutrient-rich, moisturized, healthy and hair-productive as much as possible. Besides, today’s urban life subjects us to high levels of pollution that lead to toxin buildups which again cause dandruff, flaking, excess sebum, fungal infections, and dryness.
Seems like this is one heck of a job to keep things natural! Not actually. You don’t need to spend billions of dollars to get some best quality anti-pollution detoxes that are helpful to protect our scalp and scalp concerns. There are different kinds actually. Worry not, I’ve compiled 5 best DIY scalp detox recipes that you already have at hand.
- Bentonite Clay And Aloe vera:
To make this past you’ll need the bellow ingredients.
- Half cup bentonite clay grind
- Half cup pure aloe vera gel
- 4tbsp of apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- One extra cup of apple cider vinegar (ACV)
Instructions to prepare the mixture and how to apply:
- At first make a mixture of Bentonite clay powder, aloe, and 4tbsp ACV. Just mix all the ingredients together until you get a smoother paste.
- Once the past is ready; apply it in your scalp and hair with your finger. Start it from forehead to back and knead softly.
- Let it moisture for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse it with ACV (the extra cup you stored).
- Wait for 2 to 5 minutes and wash it with shampoo and conditioner.
The benefit of this detox:
Bentonite clay works wonders in lifting toxins, extra sebum and getting rid of impurities as Malassezia, and fungus. It also helps to make your scalp inhospitable for forming fungus and protect from infection. The clay contains several minerals that motivate hair growth and add shines to your hair.
Tip: Depending on the scalp’s nature use this paste 1 or 2 times per week. If you want to use it more than twice, just remove the extra cup of SCV while rinsing before wash.
- Lemon and Cucumber Shampoothie:
What you’ll need to make this DIY detox Recipe?
- Have one lemon peeled
- One cucumber, peeled
- Olive oil (optional)
- Rosemary oil (optional)
- Blend lemon and cucumber well in a blender until well pureed.
- You can add few drops of oil (optional)
- Pour the Shampoothie through a metal strainer
- Store the shampoo in the bottle
- Apply the serum on wet hair (remember to shake it well before use)
- Massage well and let it moisture for a few
- Rinse the hair and wash with warm water
The benefit of this shampoothie:
Cucumber cleanses the scalp by soaking toxic and old waste materials. It contains lots of natural nutritious ingredients like silicon, sulfur, sodium, phosphorus, and calcium that are crucial for hair growth. Regularly rinsing will give you shiny and silky hair. Cucumber helps to restore the pH balance of hair and helps your hair to get dehydrated.
On the other hand, lemon helps to remove oil, micro dirt and make the scalp clear to smoothening for natural hair production.
Tip: Repeat the process at least twice in every week.
- pH Balanced Shampoo Recipe:
Ingredients that you’ll need to make this shampoo:
- A half cup of coconut milk
- ¾ cups of Aloe Vera Gel
- Few drops of any essential oil (for fragrance only)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk it until you get a smoother look.
- Add few drops of fragrances and whisk it again
- Once ready pour it into ice cube trays and put it in the freezer (easier to keep it fresh for long days)
- Just pop it out the night before you are using and let it melt perhaps in a bowl
- Apply it in the scalp and move toward the ends of your hair
- Wait 30 minutes and then rinse properly with warm water
Benefits of this recipe:
Coconut milk is packed with many vitamins and a wide range of essential minerals that are very useful as a scalp tonic for dry, itchy, irritated scalp and restore damaged hair. The natural ingredients promote your hair follicles and motivate to grow new hair. Consequently, your hair will grow longer and thicker. It also works as a hair detangle and natural conditioner.
- Honey Scalp Detox:
Gather below important ingredients for making this detox.
- Three to four tbsp or ¼ cup of natural raw honey
- Any essential oil for adding fragrances (I used lavender oil)
- A dry container to store
- Take honey into the jar and add half bottle of water (exactly half size of the container)
- Shake it ell until honey reached to the watery state
- Add few drops of essential oil (not mandatory)
- Use it in your hair and scalp just like a regular hair loss prevention shampoo
- Repeat it at least times in a week.
The benefit of using this detox:
Honey contains humectant properties that help to regulate and retain dehydrations in hair scalp, keeping it conditioned thus strengthen hair follicles, regenerate hair re-growth from dormant follicles and maintain natural hair production. The rich antioxidant properties maintain proper health. In addition, the antibacterial and antiseptic ingredients remove the risk of scalp infection, dandruff, clean dirt particles of hair and eczema.
- Cleansing Baking Soda detox mask:
The things you will need to make this detox at home.
- ¼ cup of baking soda
- Two tbsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of lavender hydrosol
Direction to make and use:
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together (except lemon juice).
- Just before applying it on the scalp add lemon juice
- Scalp might burn a bit especially if you have acne. It’ll be stable within a few minutes
- Let it moisture for 5 to 10 minutes
- Rinse it and wash it with warm water.
- Use this detox at least twice in a week
The benefit of this detox
Baking soda contains alkaline that helps to equilibrium pH and keeps the scalp clean by eliminating any undesirable chemical residue. It boosts natural hair growth and helps to stop it breaks and thin. This detox moisturizes dry hair and diminishes dry flakes on your scalp and makes it softer.
Actually, there are lots of toxic free detox recipes but I only tested the above 5 and trust me these worked so effectively that I didn’t need to experiment with others. Moreover, few of my siblings and buddies tried and found very promising results.