You must have frequently heard of sebaceous cyst that develops under the human skin. Also known as an epidermoid cyst or keratin cyst, the sebaceous cyst is a bump that develops and grows under the human skin. Sebaceous cysts are caused due to the blockage of the sebaceous gland by Keratin protein. They can sometimes have a pungent odor due to the fact that they contain a yellow oily liquid. They may occur anywhere in the body, except the soles of feet and palms.
Their sizes may vary and are mostly non-harmful and non-cancerous. There are many methods of the sebaceous cyst treatment, but before that, you must know the causes of sebaceous cyst.
Causes of Sebaceous Cyst: Some of the most common causes of the sebaceous cyst are as follows:
- Excessive production of testosterone hormone
- Swelling of hair follicles
- Blocked oil
- Enhanced production of sebum on skin surface
- Over exposure of your skin to the sun
- Repetitive shaving and waxing done on the skin.
Common Symptoms of Sebaceous Cyst: Some of the common symptoms that get noticed when a person suffers from sebaceous cyst are as follows:
- The painful skin around the cyst.
- The infected area starts to get warm.
- The skin reddens more as the day passes by.
- A bump or numerous of the same arises underneath the skin.
- Some foul smell will be produced from the material that develops inside the cyst(s).
- The developing cyst grows up to 2 inches in diameter.
How to Prevent Sebaceous Cyst Treatment?
If you are willing to go for curing the Sebaceous Cyst Naturally, then mentioned below are some of the natural and simple tips that will help you to a great extent:
- Use medicinal herbs to boost your immune system
- Make sure that you purify your blood by increasing your intake of garlic, herbs, dandelion, and more.
- Ensure that you drink plenty of water
- Use tropical cream so that it reduces the risk of infection.
- Don’t scratch the cysts. If possible, maintain the area clean with any antibacterial soap.
- Ensure the intake of items containing anti-oxidants, citrus fruits, and leafy vegetable.
- Increase your intake of diet that is rich in minerals and vitamins
- If the cysts are becoming very painful, visit a dermatologist.
Steps for Sebaceous Cyst Treatment: Some of the available treatment options are mentioned below:
- Incision and Drainage: This is a quick way to treat the cysts. However, this treatment has chances of reappearing again in a few days. In this procedure, the dermatologist will make a small cut inside the cyst and will carefully squeeze out the liquid contents of the cyst from inside.
- Injection: This involves the procedure of injecting a medicine in the cyst that will help to reduce the pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- Surgery: If the cyst is growing large, then the best way is to surgically remove it. Minor surgery, in this case, is more effective as it prevents the chance of reappearing of the cyst. The doctor can delay the surgery if the cyst has become too inflamed.
- Laser Treatment: With minimal scarring, the laser treatment method involves the use of carbon dioxide laser. This laser is used to vaporize the cyst. This also prevents reappearing of the Sebaceous Cyst.
Now when you know all the important points for Sebaceous Cyst treatment, its symptoms, and the causes for the same, it is on you to decide your next course of action.