You may be very familiar with marijuana, but you may not know that it has very many products, including CBD. CBD is generating a lot of interest, but, there’re still many lingering questions with regards to its use.
CBD stands for cannabidiol, a chemical compound found in marijuana and hemp. Manufacturers will extract it from the cannabis plant and then dilute it using certain oils like hemp seed, or oil coconut oil.
We will share with you a CBD guide on the nine important things you need to know about this product. By the end of our article, you should have a good understanding of what it is, and why it has become relevant to so many people.
Important Facts about CBD
CBD proponents have great things to say about hemp oil benefits. We will highlight some of the things you need to know below.
1. Understanding what CBD is
The cannabis plant is a marvel because you will find so many chemicals within it. Many people who use marijuana get a high from THC, which is the more common chemical. CBD is another product, and it has found a lot of use for those who may have some medical problems.
2. CBD Will not Get you High
One of the CBD facts that people miss is that CBD oil will not get you high. The chemical is not psychoactive, unlike THC, which comes from the same plant.
3. It has Medicinal Qualities
CBD has become very popular, with some people talking about its ability to manage certain medical problems. Those who use it how found relief for things like pain and inflammation, seizures, inflammatory bowel disease, anxiety, and depression. Other conditions it helps with include nausea, migraines, psychosis and mental disorders.
The conditions we have highlighted above present differently. The CBD works by helping with the symptoms, thereby providing relief for those who are suffering. The use of CBD is not only in adults; even children with epilepsy find relief from seizures through its use.
4. CBD Guide on Side Effects
While you may not get a high when you use CBD, you may experience less anxiety and more energy. You should, however, note that there’re people who’ll have some less-than-pleasant side effects. Such include nausea, fatigue, anxiety, diarrhea, dizziness, and irritability.
Other people will have mood changes, vomiting, and an increase in liver enzymes, which could lead to liver inflammation or damage. Remember, everyone will experience different results when they use CBD. If it doesn’t work for you, you may want to discontinue its use.
5. Is it Addictive?
It may not be possible to offer a definitive answer to this question. Research around CBD is still in the developmental stage, and there isn’t too much information available. Many of the studies around CBD have been on lab rats and not human beings.
A study by the World Health Organization shows that CBD doesn’t exhibit THC like effects. However, as stated above, there isn’t much human research available. We would, therefore, recommend that like any other substance, you should practice moderation when using it.
6. Some People Find that it Helps with Weight Loss
One of the interesting facts about CBD oil is in weight loss management. It is an area of great interest, and there is still a lot of research going on. There’re, however, people who’ve reported weight loss after the use of CBD.
The weight loss is as a result of a noticeable reduction in appetite, the impact on white fat in the body, reduction in stress eating and metabolic disorders among other things.
However, do remember that whether or not you will be able to lose weight on CBD oil depends on you as an individual. There’re those who’ll report weight loss, while others will not.
7. Be Careful About the Risks
CBD is not 100% risk-free, and that is why you need to be aware of the facts about CBD before you start using them. Some of the things you need to consider include:-
• The law is still not clear on CBD. While it is a supplement in some foods, skin care products, drinks among others, the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, doesn’t allow for its sale in conventional food
• There is lack of proper labeling on most of the products in the market, so you may never quite know what you are consuming
• While it may work for some medical conditions, the supporting evidence that comes from research doesn’t exist. The lack of information could be because there is very little research on human beings.
8. What is the Best Way to Take CBD?
There’re so many ways to take CBD. You can take it as a food supplement, apply it directly on joints and muscles as an ointment, have it in edibles, or use a vape. The method you choose will depend on your preference, and why you are taking it.
A vape is fast and is good for instant pain relief. Tinctures and edibles may not work as quickly, but the effects will last for a longer time. Make sure you are aware of the dosage you are planning to take, and how long the edibles will last.
9. What Should you Consider when Shopping for CBD?
The conversation right now is all about CBD, and new products are coming into the market every day. It is therefore essential that when you are shopping, you take into consideration setting things including:
• Billing information – check the warnings, ingredients, FDA approval, among others.
• Third-party confirmation like quality assurance, analysis certificates, among others, will let you know that the information on the label is correct.
• How to take the CBD – look for a product that clearly shows you how to use the product. The manufacturer should tell you the dosage requirements so that you can fully benefit from its use.
• Be careful about the claims the manufacturers are making on the CBD health benefits. As a marketing gimmick, some of them will make claims that have no scientific backing.
Arm Yourself with the Necessary Knowledge
In our CBD guide above, we have shared with you factors that you need to know about the product. However, there is still a wealth of knowledge which you can use to your benefits. Visit our website for more information, before you decide whether or not you want to board the CBD wagon.
Also, make sure you find out whether it is legal in your state so that you do not get into any trouble. You will find that you cannot use CBD edibles in places like Maine, Ohio and New York.