The number of people wearing contact lenses is increasing every year, thanks to online sites like contactlenses4us.com which makes it possible for people to order prescription free contact lenses without any hassle. With so many new people trying to use contact lenses, we keep hearing some concerns they have about wearing lenses. We have addressed those concerns below;
Is My Contact Lens Inside Out?
Many newbies get confused while wearing contact lenses and wear them inside out. It is not difficult to understand which is the right side but for a new wearer, it may get confusing. So, how do you identify the inside from the outside? It’s simple, before applying lenses, place it on your palm and observe carefully, it should look like a semi-sphere and not a bowl with a rim. It should be a clean U then you know the direction is right, instead if it is a U with the sides flared out then you need to reverse the lens before you wear it.
But, don’t worry if you wear it wrong sometimes as it will not do any damage instead you will start feeling uncomfortable and that would indicate you have worn it the wrong way.
Applying Your Contact Lenses:
You should be hygienic and follow certain basic guidelines while wearing contact lenses as indicated below;
- Wash your hands thoroughly before you apply the lenses.
- Do not mix the right eye contact lens with the left, be careful while applying and placing back, as it is difficult to figure out if you mix them up.
- The contact lens should be put in your eye while placing it on the tip of your index finger while using your other hand’s fingers and thumb to pull your eyelid.
- Close your eyes and roll your eyeballs so that the lens takes its position, then blink.
You need to be careful if you are using monthly or daily disposables, keep a track of the date and do not overuse the lenses past their expiration date.
Removing Your Contact Lenses:
Follow these guidelines while removing contact lenses;
- Wash your hands before removing contact lenses.
- Cover the drains of the sink before removing lenses.
- Use lens solution and rinse and clean the lenses carefully before storing them.
- Make sure you place the right lens on the right side of the lens case, do not mix up.
- Look upwards while you pull out the lenses.
- Shorten your fingernails till you are used to using contact lenses.
- Fill the contact lens case with enough lens solution so that the lenses are submerged in the solution all the time.
Contact Lenses and UV Light
Though there are contact lenses available that may block UV light but remember it does not cover your entire eyes hence skipping sunglasses in the hot sun is not an option. Do not forget to carry your sunglasses while wearing contact lenses. For better vision and eye health you should consult with doctor.
Eye Makeup and Contact Lenses:
Doing eye makeup while wearing contact lenses can be irritating as you will have to be extra careful so that the makeup does not get into your eyes. Follow these tips to
- Put your contact lenses before you apply makeup.
- Apply eyeliner carefully so that they do not get inside your eyes,
- Keep the eyes closed all the time on which you are applying make-up.
- While removing makeup, first take out your contact lenses then you can easily take off the makeup.
- Do not use your eye makeup past the expiration date.
Contact lenses can make your life easier if you are careful about certain basic guidelines. You should be aware that eye infection is a possibility if you are a regular contact lens wearer and just using lens solution to clean the lenses will not be enough, studies have suggested that you should replace your lens case every three months and it is also recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to reduce any eye infection risk.