CBD is an ultimate compound of over 100 other chemical compounds that are broadly known as cannabinoids found in varieties of the cannabis plant, including hemp and marijuana. To buy CBD oil, it is important to check for its THC level. The THC contains psychoactive properties that are recognized to evoke making a person “high” associated with the consumption of marijuana.
How Does CBD Work?: Functioning!
CBD works quite differently to different individuals as cannabis compounds do not directly stimulate our CB1 or CB2 receptors, both of which are found within the body’s endo cannabinoids system which are included in a variety of physiological processes involving pain modulation, mood and memory enhancement, and inflammation reduction, among other things.
A wide availability of other cannabinoids (namely THC) is known to stimulate CB1 receptors in the central nervous system to produce mind-altering effects when inhibited. The enzyme build-up with the lead of anandamide in the brain, which is considered to be the body’s most important naturally-produced endocannabinoid.
How To Take CBD oil?
CBD is available in different forms, such as liquid or capsule as well. Here are a few steps are given about how to use CBD oil:
- Orally: You can easily add CBD oil, which can be consumed orally. Although this takes time for the body to digest, that depends on various factors such as metabolism, weight, and the food that you have eaten. This can be taken anywhere between 15 minutes to two hours. Oral consumption is also available in capsule form, which you can have in the same way you’d take vitamins. Simply take the capsule orally and wash it down with water.
- Sublingually: This involves having to take it under the tongue, which is the quickest way to experience relief. This way, active ingredients are absorbed directly into the bloodstream, which will only take 5 to 15 minutes.
- Topically: This can be used in a way to infuse through lotions, cream or can be directly applied to the affected pain areas. You can also apply locally, which will infuse pain and reduce inflammation to treat achy and stiff joints.
What Is The Prescribed Dosage For CBD?
Although there is no such exact dosage for CBD oil as it purely depends on the body type and the body’s tolerance level. The best way to self analyze the dosage of CBD oil is to take into account certain factors mentioned below:
- Concentration- This includes the strength of the total amount given in CBD. This elevates the difference between dosage, which indicates the amount per serving.
- Bodyweight- A person’s weight often plays a major role in the dosage amount that needs to be taken. Stating the fact, the heavier the person, the higher the dosage he/she may require. Similarly, the lighter the person, low the dosage allowed.
- Desired effects- Someone with chronic pain or severe anxiety may need a higher dose to alleviate their symptoms. In contrast, a person with a milder condition may prefer a lower dose with less pronounced effects. Body tolerance is considered to play an important role here.
- Tolerance level- CBD consumers may develop a different tolerance level at times. It can possibly result in the reduction of effects from the same dosage. If taken stronger doses which can affect a lot and that depends on the type of problem the patient is suffering from.
A common misconception is, CBD makes people feel ‘high’ as it comes from cannabis plants. This is impossibly and factually incorrect. THC is only responsible for evoking the brain cells making the patient feel high, whereas CBD doesn’t have the same effect.