Also, known as drop tables, these chiropractic treatment tables were the discovery of Dr. Thompson who created these keeping in mind the medical benefits that the tables provide. This is a unique apparatus used commonly by massage therapists or tattoo artists. It is more like a convertible stuffed bench intended to comfort a customer/client while he/she gets treatment. They also furnish steady and user-friendly platform for you to work. There is a wide range of tables available in the market and they can be bought through firms, online or through any suppliers.
The basic chiropractic treatment tables don a rectangular-shape bench with a set of four supporting legs attached to it. Usually these legs can either be detached or folded up while transporting. Even though the fundamental design of a chiropractic treatment tables is comparatively simple, there are several modified patterns available. These tables come with a variety of designs to support or comfort various body parts during the therapy session. Some massage tables even come with warmers for client relaxation.
Medical benefits of Chiropractic Treatment Tables
Purchasing the right chiropractic treatment tables can be a real challenge, especially if you are an entry-level therapist. However, considering the immense benefits they provide, you should invest in one.
- As you practice, you will come across diverse range of body categories like tall, short, narrow and wide. These tables are wide and long enough to fit and comfort all kinds of clients. These tables are so designed that it can be moved in vertical, horizontal, and axial directions. This makes working on clients much easier.
- These chiropractic treatment tables allow better pressure to be exerted when carrying weight and working weight. Carrying weight is the weight of the table alone while working weight is volume of the weight it can hold during massage. If you are a mobile therapist or if you want to move massage tables frequently, then go for lightweight table. Hence, this provides better results on the pressure points.
- Thick and soft stuffing works well for soft massage techniques, whereas thick and heavy stuffing works well for hard massage practices. So, you can use chiropractic treatment tables that suit your technique and the patient requirements. It also ensures that the clients are well rested, which is imperative here. As we all know, wider tables are much comfortable and pleasing for clients. Depending on the comfortable level, design aesthetic, therapists can choose between of variety of materials like aluminum, steel, wood, etc. Usually, mobile therapists choose aluminum tables because they are lightweight tables.
- Another medical benefit is that the patient can relax completely. A lot of patients don’t enjoy the sound (the POP) associated with much traditional chiropractic adjustment. These chiropractic treatment tables feature a drop level that allows the patient to put the head into a resting position, thus blocking sounds. Hence, the relaxation aspect also contributes to the same medically.
Some factors to consider when getting these are:
- Stationary or Portable: Stationary tables are used for committed therapy spaces where as portable tables are used by mobile therapists. Portable tables are less expensive than stationary tables.
- The therapy you offer: For instance, if you are offering a therapy which requires strong pressure, then narrow chiropractic treatment tables will ease your job.
- Horizontal or Tilting: Horizontal flat tables are lighter than tilting tables; this is because tilting tables require additional frames for support.
- Quality: The high-quality massage tables will last forever. If you are an entry-level therapist, you can buy a cheap one and use it for several years and then go for replacement.
If you don’t have easy access to the store, you can always purchase from trustworthy, reputable online vendors. But do make sure you get good quality chiropractic treatment tables to maximize the medical benefits.