Do you feel awkward while smiling at public events? Are you always commented on for the structure of your teeth? Do you feel embarrassed by those comments? Then, maybe it's the time you should consider restorative dentistry. Even if you lose one tooth, you will have a problem and feel so self-conscious. Moreover, in some cases, it also affects the day to day routine. Restorative dentistry in these cases can help a lot to enhance the aesthetic look and functional. People of all the ages can prefer getting the restorative dentistry procedure done for better purposes.
What is restorative dentistry?
Restorative dentistry focuses on the different areas of the dental health to enhance the smile. Various procedures and treatments are involved in the process of enhancing the smile. You may consider restorative dentistry done from different but reliable dentists. Apart from the aesthetic appearance, it also enhances the functional behavior of the teeth. General dentists without additional certification and education can also do this. The different processes usually covered in the process include veneers, filling, crowns, partial dentures, and dental implants.
Types of restorative dentistry treatment
The different types of restorative dentistry treatment which can enhance the functionality and aesthetic appearance of the teeth include the following
- Crowns- Dental crowns go back the old days as one of the efficient restorative dentistry procedure. The crowns are made and attached to your teeth so it looks the same as that of your natural teeth. This can serve various purposes.
- Bridges- Bridges are the fixed appliance that can offer a replacement for one or two teeth. These teeth are conjoined together and the dental crowns are attached to each side. It helps to enhance the biting function of the teeth.
- Fillings- If you have been suffering from mild cavities, you should prefer getting tooth fillings. Depending on the needs of the individuals, the fillings are inserted. Since the filling options are available you can choose as per your need.
What are problems treated with restorative dentistry?
Some of the problems treated with restorative dentistry include the following
- Stain and discoloration teeth
- Overlapping and crowded teeth
- Missing teeth
- Chips and cracks
- Gaps between teeth
Restorative dentistry procedure such as teeth whitening can help to treat the dental stains. Nonetheless, it can only treat the external dental stains. However, if the stain has been caused due to antibiotic usage and internal trauma, it will be hard for teeth whitening to treat it. The dental veneers, in this case, can help to treat teeth stains.
What should you consider for restorative dentistry procedure?
Before you set onto getting restorative dentistry, you should consider the following things. You need to ask yourself a set of questions before getting the restorative dentistry treatment
- What is the problem with my smile?
- What are the problems that need to be fixed?
- How much time and money do I need to invest in getting the treatment?
- Does the insurance industry cover for the restorative dentistry treatment?
- Do I need any minor or major changes?
Some of the facts related to restorative dentistry procedure include the following
- Restorative dentistry can help to enhance the functionality of teeth apart from beauty.
- Restorative dentistry treatment can help you get one of those beautiful picture worthy teeth.
- Restorative dentistry is beneficial for treating the different kinds of dental problems.
Benefits of the restorative dentistry treatment
When it comes to restorative dentistry, there are several benefits which may compel you to get the treatment
- It helps to treat the various kinds of dental discomfort.
- Helps to remove the different oral problems with procedures such as teeth whitening, dental implants and more.
- The restoration can look similar to that of natural teeth.
- These are one effective treatment for a long-term.
- Your speech and eating habits will be improved.
Dental restoration cost and insurance
The dental insurance does not cover the charges for dental implants. In some of the cases, the medical insurance may cover the dental restoration cost. The coverage usually depends on the reason for teeth loss or the certain medical conditions. Before determining the dental strategy, it will be beneficial if you talk to the professional.
People suffering from teeth loss and damaged teeth should prefer getting the dental restoration done from Drescher & Cohen Dentists. It helps you get a beautiful smile and can help to solve the upcoming future problems. It helps to treat eating and speaking disorders to some extent as well.