Whether you whiten your teeth on your own or have the process professionally done by a dentist, keeping your teeth clean and healthy is important for various reasons. How white or bright teeth can be will vary among different people.
For many individuals, the teeth turn yellow as time goes on and certain habits can make the situation worse. Drinking red wine, tea, cola or coffee can make the teeth darker along with using tobacco products. It is normal for people to restore the bright appearance of their teeth.
Benefits of a White Smile
Final teeth whitening results vary and one of the reasons may be the type of treatment that is used. Some people experience more dramatic results or teeth may react to treatment in different ways. There are a number of benefits that are associated with teeth whitening.
- The teeth feel and look cleaner.
- The teeth appear whiter.
- Enhances your self-image.
- Enhances your self confidence.
- Creates a younger appearance.
- Makes a good first impression.
- Prepares you for special events.
- Gives you a beautiful smile.
Positivity and Confidence
- Whiter and healthier teeth give you more reasons to show off your smile. This can instantly change your mood and with the urge to show your teeth more often, you will be smiling all the time.
- Healthy teeth are essential for a positive outlook that is derived from the confidence boost that your physical appearance and mental wellbeing receives.
- Cleaning your teeth is a life enhancing process that is safe and can have a positive impact on your general health. Visit Hvite Smil for more information.
Preserving a White Smile
After teeth whitening treatment is completed, there are steps that can be taken to maintain and preserve a whiter smile.
- Avoid beverages and foods that tend to cause stains. Drinks that contain sugar, including energy drinks, berries, tomato sauce, hard candy, tea, coffee and red wine are likely to cause stains on the teeth.
- Staying away from certain types of food and drinks can help to prevent teeth discoloration.
- Use a straw when you drink beverages to keep away the liquids that cause stains. Minimizing direct contact with your teeth means they are less likely to be stained.
- Avoid using tobacco and smoking that discolors your teeth. Get rid of any form of tobacco if you want your teeth to remain bright and healthy.
- Practice oral hygiene by brushing, flossing and using an effective mouthwash. These can all help to prevent staining. Remove the buildup of plaque by flossing your teeth once each day.
- Eat certain foods that are useful for cleaning the surfaces of the teeth. Such foods also offer the benefit of fighting harmful bacteria that is present in the mouth. They include cauliflower, cucumbers, celery, apples and pears that naturally keep the teeth clean.
Consulting a Dentist
Before embarking on any form of teeth whitening treatment, you should always discuss the process with a dental professional. Dentists can recommend products that work best for your situation and assess your teeth to make sure you are eligible for certain forms of teeth whitening procedures. Consulting your dentist is a critical step towards ensuring your experience is successful.
2 Replies to “Oral Health Matters- Tips for a Healthy Smile”