The demand for acupuncture is expected to continue to increase around the country. According to research, more than 14 million Americans have tried holistic therapy at least once in their lifetime, and that number is only continuing to rise.
If you have never done acupuncture, but are interested in the treatment, there are several ways it can benefit your mind and body, including:
- Discomfort and nausea: According to the Mayo Clinic, acupuncture is often used to relieve pain and discomfort associated with different diseases, including chemotherapy-induced and postoperative nausea and vomiting, dental pain, headaches, labor pain, and back and neck pain.
- Inflammation and arthritis: Acupuncture has been used to treat inflammation for years. According to research, the treatment induces the production of cortisol, a hormone that helps to control inflammation. A 2020 study provided even further evidence of acupuncture’s positive impact on inflammation.
- Insomnia: Acupuncture can release natural melatonin in the body’s system that will help improve sleep.
- Mental health: Acupuncture can stimulate areas of the body responsible for the production of emotion-managing hormones and release mood-boosting endorphins that result in positive feelings.
- Stroke rehabilitation: According to research, acupuncture has been known to help stroke patients improve the range of motion in their wrist and shoulder.
- Weight loss: According to recent research, acupuncture can help to regulate your endocrine system, promote digestion, and modulates relevant molecules of metabolism, which can help with weight loss.
In addition to these conditions, acupuncture has been known to work with sciatica, improving fertility, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, fibromyalgia, and digestive complaints. It’s a holistic, non-medicine treatment that is not only safe for adults but that has also been used on children for years.
If you would like to try acupuncture but do not know where to start, it helps to ask your friends who have used the treatment for their opinions. They’ll not only be able to make recommendations on a clinic to go to, but also give you’re their honest thoughts about effectiveness and pain levels. Your doctor or chiropractor may also be able to provide information about the treatment and recommendations for a clinic that will be able to treat you.
Many people who have tried acupuncture now swear by it thanks to the positive benefits they have seen with many of these conditions. If you are interested in learning more about the treatment, contact acupuncture clinic Calgary with any questions.